The "Birdhouse In Your Sould" distribution system

Eirikur Hallgrimsson eh at mad.scientist.com
Fri Apr 4 09:59:37 PST 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 11:28 am, Tom wrote:
> The bird feeder in front of my house is now a distribution node for
> Knoppix ver 3.2 cds packaged in zip lock baggies along with a PTP sticker
> as an extra surprise. I am using this to distribute the cds to memebers

Go, Tom!

Knopix is very cool.   Boot a real live useful, X-Window system/KDE
workstation from a CDROM without touchy a hair on the chinny-chin-chin
of your precious hard drive.   It's an actual useful distro on a CDROM.
You can burn your own additional CDROM or use a floppy with it for
persistant data.

www.knoppix.org

It's a NICE portable toolset.  Much lighter than a laptop.  It sits in my
briefcase, taking up no room, but adding a sense of studly empowerment,
on those days when toting a full-function laptop seems unreasonable.

This guy (Klaus Knopper ) is really talented (or maybe just insanely
dedicated, or both).   It's a wonder why this hasn't been done  before,
but there were a lot of fiddly technical hurdles.    A lot.  He deserves
accolades.

Eirikur