[NYTimes] Live from Mars, it's a wireless box.

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn at rbii.com
Fri Apr 4 00:20:39 PST 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 08:08 pm, Steve Dossick wrote:
> More power to ya.  Suffice it to say, most of our orders aren't coming from
> folks who think 'entertainment' == 'linux installfest' ;)

The linux OS install now is so trivial that it's hardly even fun... getting
the wireless and TV cards going was entertaining though...

How's business for these things? Seems like there is a clearly emerging market
for such devices in the home. The ideal would be to have one box be the
PVR/File Server/Firewall/Access Point for the home... kind of what I'm
planning to build in my spare (hah!) time.