[NYTimes] Live from Mars, it's a wireless box.

Steve Dossick sdossick at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 17:08:30 PST 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 05:27 pm, Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:

>On Thursday 03 April 2003 05:04 pm, Jim Whitehead wrote:
>> So, did you really get a bargain?

>Not at all, but I know exactly what is on my network... including another one
>of those boxes hooked up to my TV with a WinTV card in it (an expensive TiVo
>:-)), and a nasty overheating Sumicon (give me an EZGO... oh, I already have
>one :-)).
>
>Yes, I could have bought them fully assembled, and probably cheaper overall,
>BUT the whole point is that I had fun doing it. Call it entertainment ;-)

More power to ya.  Suffice it to say, most of our orders aren't coming from
folks who think 'entertainment' == 'linux installfest' ;)

But for all those FoRKers who do like installing linux on small hardware, I
have a job for you :)

-s
P.S. Kit coming out next week -- supply your own hard drive, have the
entertainment of installing our os+software onto it (totally web based)

P.P.S. No, I'm not paying Jim to do marketing :)  But I might give free
shipping to anyone who puts 'FoRK' in the comment field on our order form :)