[irtheory] The Boomerang Effect

Rob van Kranenburg kranenbu at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 3 13:06:47 PST 2003

  Founder of the National Review, the conservative journal of opinion
of which he was editor-in-chief until 1990, Buckley also worked as an
influential political advisor and popular novelist. Buckley aptly
described the effect of his National Review through his character
Boris Bolgin in his spy novel Who's on First. "'Do you ever read the
National Review, Jozsef?', asks Boris Bolgin, the chief of KGB
counter intelligence for Western Europe, 'It is edited by this young
bourgeois fanatic. Oh, how they cried about the repression of the
counter-revolutionaries in Budapest! But the National Review it is
also angry with the CIA for--I don't know; not starting up a Third
World War, maybe? Last week--I always read the National Review, it
makes me so funny mad--last week an editorial said'--he raised his
head and appeared to quote from memory--'The attempted assassination
of Sukarno last week had all the earmarks of a CIA operation.
Everybody in the room was killed except Sukarno.'"

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/g1epc/bio/2419200148/p1/article.jhtml?term=enterprise+integration

--

web: http://simsim.rug.ac.be/staff/rob
mail: kranenbu at xs4all.nl