Culture Vultures

Kragen Sitaker kragen@pobox.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 15:12:03 -0400 (EDT)

John Hall writes:
> I understand the point about proportional representation.
>
> I think it is an unmitigated disaster.
>
> Marginalizing marginal opinions far from the center is a feature, not a
> bug.

Can you elaborate?  What kinds of problems has proportional
representation caused in the states where it has been instituted?  It
appears to me that most of the states where it has been instituted
have not suffered greatly from it, and most of them seem to be pretty
healthy democracies.

According to my medieval text in the seventh century a finalizer raised a
dead object named Gorth who infected every computer in Cappidocia ending
Roman rule in the region.  -- Charles Fiterman on gclist@iecc.com