Hitchcock Lyrics

Robert Harley harley@argote.ch
Wed, 15 May 2002 21:40:23 +0200 (CEST)

Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
>Bits?

See:
 http://www.atomic-swerve.net/tpg/fragments.html

Item 33 is:

To Pythocles

33. Launch your boat, oh blessed youth, and flee at full speed from
    every form of culture.

Non sequitur ahead...

For Linux users who want to handle Word files, I highly recommend
downloading OpenOffice from:
  http://www.openoffice.org/

It's quite big at 67 megs (i.e., about 20 minutes over 60K/sec ADSL)
and expands to 200 megs.  It's apparently basically the same as Sun's
StarOffice 6.0, but free instead of $76, and certainly works well.

I sometimes use Microsoft's WordView for viewing, running under Wine,
set up by Crossover:
  http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover/

I also tried Abiword, from:
  http://www.abisource.com/download/

but it's handling of .doc files leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyhoo,
Bye,
  Rob.