RDF People Crawler (Photographic)

Tim Berners-Lee timbl@w3.org
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:35:34 -0400

Jeff,

I would point your friend and various other efforts to embed
data in a JPEG. One of these is Adobe's XMP initiative which
is pretty open and, using RDF, allows information from extension
vocabularies to be handled very easily.

 From the architectural point of view, the Scandemonium design
suffers from a centralized lookup at Scandemonium.com.
Using a guid instead of an http: URI puts the onus on
that company to preserve the lookup table, rather than the
whole community using distributed DNS and HTTP servers.
So, while it may draw a lot of traffic to their site, it isn't a
scalable general solution.

XMP, however, does seem to be.

Tim BL