Jumping the shark has jumped the shark...

Owen Byrne owen@permafrost.net
Thu, 2 May 2002 16:48:52 -0300

> http://www.jumptheshark.com on the TV series that have done it.
>
> Rolling Stone magazine's list of bands that jumped the shark:
> http://www.rollingstone.com/games/jumptheshark/default.asp
>
> and more...
Add this to the list of sites that where the interstitial ads are so
annoying that
there was no way the story was going to be worth the 30 second wait and
annoying
sound effects.

Click - gone. I don't think it was the subject matter either. Interestingly
enough
the other one that was also US Army propaganda (disguised as a movie
starring Owen
Wilson and Gene Hackman). Whenever I hear "Army of One" I have this image of
Anthony
Soprano Jr. at Marines Boot Camp, and Dad talking to the drill sergeant to
make sure he
showed some "respect." (The Sopranos had an episode entitled "Army of One").

Oh and, I think Rolling Stone has definitely jumped the shark.

Owen