[Fwd: SEC Division of Enforcement Confirmation Reply]

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 15:36:30 -0800

I've been using the FTC address for those, but maybe your're right,
the SEC is the more appropriate address.

The only reason I sent it to the SEC was that the specific complaint
had to do with a government approved acquisition.

So, for FoRK posterity:

1) Unsolicited commercial email, "spam" complaints go to the Federal
Trade Commission (https://rn.ftc.gov/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01)
    US FTC Email  Complaints <uce@ftc.gov>

2) Identify Theft is also handled by the FTC through an online complaint form:
https://rn.ftc.gov/dod/widtpubl$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU03

3) For complaints about foreign companies, the FTC also aggregates the
information for government agencies and law enforcement (this is where
you send the Nigeria stuff) for consumer protection.
https://www.econsumer.gov/imsn/wimsnery2$com.main?p_lang_seq=1

4) For problems with price manipulation, securities fraud, cold calling,
IPO eligibility, "pump and dump", false or misleading statements, use the SEC.
In addition, the SEC has also has requested "spam" or message board statements
that may fall under one of the violating sections.
http://www.sec.gov/complaint/selectconduct.shtml
    US SEC Enforcement <enforcement@sec.gov>

5) An of course for any antitrust issues you may have including comments
on any current or ongoing investigations:
US DOJ Antitrust Division <antitrust@usdoj.gov>

Greg

Gregory Alan Bolcer, CTO   | work: +1.949.833.2800 | gbolcer at endeavors.com
Endeavors Technology, Inc. | cell: +1.714.928.5476 | http://endeavors.com