Feeling old

Luis Villa louie@ximian.com
29 Jan 2002 18:30:23 -0500

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 18:00, Grlygrl201@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated Tue, 29 Jan 2002  4:36:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Meltsner, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Meltsner@ca.com> writes:
>
> > It'll get worse before it gets better, and that will only occur when you move to Florida.
> >
> > Ken
> >
> riiiiight. check out south beach sometime, land o' the g-string.
>
> or, better yet: http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/01/29/town.satan/index.html
>
> (i've always thought florida a little weird, but we're getting a national reputation for oddness now.)

Now? lol. That's been coming for a while... at the very least since the
NYT did their 'can Miami save itself?' piece in 1987.
Luis [native Miamian and proud]

P.S. Adam, the odds are basically much better at South Beach than any
other beach I've had the privilege of being at. The old folks have
pretty much been pushed north by the rent increases that have been
happening regularly since the early '90s.