Lindows - Mike Robertson's New Groove

Antoun Nabhan antoun@incellico.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:23:33 -0800

"If they're alleging that people are going to be confusing Microsoft Corp.
with Lindows.com, I think there's zero potential of that happening," [CEO
Mike Robertson] said. "If people are confused, just remember that we're not
the convicted monopolist."

<http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1106-814292.html?legacy=zdnn>

Robertson, most of this list will recall, is the founder of MP3.com.
Lindows is an attempt to make a version of Linux that runs Windows
applications, and no, I don't know if this means fully reverse-engineering
the API or what. But it seems like a better things to be running than
Windows XP with the "Big Brother Inside" Passport functionality.

Queue up the IP lawyer music,
--A.