The real bandwidth numbers.

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:14:22 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> If I thought I could overcome the existing ISP mindset and certain
> monopoly-like interests of AOL and UUNet enough that they'd actually run
> these servers properly, I would help start a Sourceforge project to
> create them.

You cant. And it's already built, but as you realize, it's useless. They
sense me coming and run like hell.

> How we get there from here is tricky however.

You just need something other then capitalism, and global optimization is
possible, until then, inefficiency == profit. If I could learn to increase
the waste more, maybe I would have a job *sigh* if only I could be dumb like
the rest of the world.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com