The real bandwidth numbers.

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:26:26 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Mark Day wrote:

> Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but the reasoning here is a little too
> compressed for me to grasp. Could you explain some more about why you
> think Akamai goes out of business?

Content moves (along demand gradient) and amplifies adaptively in most
advanced P2P instances, and usually only encrypted content slivers are
being distributed over multiple nodes. As the result the gathering of
slivers will not be bottlenecked in a single place, and ideally you would
max out your local pipe.

I'm not sure what exactly Akamai does, but this purely enduser software
seem to put them out of business on the long run.