The real bandwidth numbers.

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:27:14 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> Heh. Maybe P2P means proxy-to-proxy. 8^)

Silly forker, it means pirate-to-pirate. Which is the main reason you cant
make it efficient, becasue that would also make it trackable.

> Actually border proxies might solve some of the latency problems of
> community wireless.

Oddles of them. I designed all this back in '95, noone was interested then,
noone is now.

The bottom like is about 99.44% of the content people are interested in is
pirated. So your focus HAS to be evasion, not optimization. Not to mention
how many people make money shipping bits around. The things that make
gnutella technicly stupid-as-hell are the same things that make it so
popular.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com