Elite Irony

Tom tomwhore@inetarena.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:00:41 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Eugene Leitl wrote:

--]> Elitism=Good engineering and stability?
--]
--]Yes, maintenance, stability, that kind of thing.

Dude, maybe things are differnt in .de land, but heres the clueon phone,
its the Context shop and they want to know when your comming in for a
tune up.

elitism or litism (-ltzm, -l-)
n.
The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups
deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in
intellect, social status, or financial resources.

The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

In the context of the thread we were having it was the contention that
allowing an elite class to rule beyond its scope of agendas is probably
not a great thing. There was mention of the pors and cons of this as well
as the thread that Elitism in OS, as it holds to the geekizod factions
thereof, tend to do little to advance the broader adoption of said os in
use.

That there are folks who SUPOSE superitory enough to LOrd it over others
is an obvious part of living, its as comon and pleasent as steamy dog pewp
on a hot NYC summer sidewalk.

That a controling body sets itself up as the guadrain of the True Way of a
thing or method is also an everyday occurence.

I think jeff's "creeping agendaism" shows off the fatal conceit of this
mindest in a broader scope of being.

I think Donald Duck had it right when he sang

When der Fuehrer says, "We ist der master race"
We HEIL! (phhht!) HEIL! (phhht!) Right in der Fuehrer's face
Not to love Der Fuehrer is a great disgrace
So we HEIL! (phhht!) HEIL! (phhht!) Right in der Fuehrer's face
When Herr Gbbels says, "We own der world und space"
We HEIL! (phhht!) HEIL! (phhht!) Right in Herr Gring's face
When Herr Gring says they'll never bomb this place
We HEIL! (phhht!) HEIL! (phhht!) Right in Herr Gring's face

Are we not the supermen
Aryan pure supermen
Ja we ist der supermen
Super-duper supermen.

Ist this Nutzi land not good?
Would you leave it if you could?
Ja this Nutzi land is good!
Vee would leave it if we could

We bring the world to order
Heil Hitler's new world order
Everyone of foreign race will love der Fuehrer's face
When we bring to der world disorder

When der Fuehrer says, "We ist der master race"
We HEIL! (phhht!) HEIL! (phhht!) Right in der Fuehrer's face
When Der Fuehrer says, "We ist der master race"
We HEIL! (phhht!) HEIL! (phhht!) Right in der Fuhrer's face

And a bababooey to you all.

      \ /
       X   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \   Against HTML Mail