Elite Irony

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:05:46 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Tom wrote:

> To yourself? Yes. To others? Well yea so we know the slant your
> comming from.

I made a mistake. Elitism is apparently far more obscure than I had at
first realized. I should have started the whole thing with a definition.

> --]Elitism isn't about innovation. It is in fact incompatible with
> --]innovation, being about good engineering and stability, meaning well
> --]seasoned code and vintage hardware. It is noncommercial and in minority.
>
> Sounds like a self fullfilling matyrdom complex.

No. It's about having weird needs and addressing them.
Move along. This is not the movement you've been looking for.

> --]Consider this a definition.
>
> Or a warning.

Yes, warning, rhubarb pie, blackberry hill.

> Elitism=Good engineering and stability?

Yes, maintenance, stability, that kind of thing.

> Sure and monkeys fly out of my butt.

I realize that 99% of users don't care about such arcana.

> Consider this a warning, or a defication.

I still don't know how St. Eugene died.