Elite Irony

Tom tomwhore@inetarena.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:31:46 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]Actually, no.  It's possible --- maybe even likely in some contexts --- that indeed, they do
--]know better.  The problem doesn't start with this attitude, the problem starts when the
--]elites are allowed to set more than just their own agendas.

Yes, its possible, very probable inmany cases and the privso of
overreaching agendas is a very key point.

If I go to my Doctor and she says I have an ailment, I usualy defer to her
knowledge of medcine. If she were tehn to tell me I needed to read the
Koran and get better by living thru its teachings or of she said that I
need to use Perl raather than Python I would have to draw the
line.

--](Think about the counter-possibility;  if self-identified elites (think Larry Wall, Perl)
--]aren't allowed to control their own agendas but rather have them set for them, what do you
--]think happens?

Once again this goes more to Editorial COntrol versus Creeping Agendas.
Perl is Walls thing.