AOL in Negotiations to Acquire Red Hat

Luis Villa louie@ximian.com
21 Jan 2002 12:51:59 -0500

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 10:46, Eugene Leitl wrote:
> On 21 Jan 2002, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > 1) Who is 'we'? The beauty or pain of Linux is that there is no we...
>
> In this case: we = linux elitist fuckheads. I'm arguing from the server
> stability and high-performance cluster position. Both are obviously
> hurting already.

Umm... in case you missed out when they passed out 'clue', that is
Linus's fault, not AOL's. Take this up with him.

> > 2) I might suggest that some 'we's [Red Hat and Ximian, for example]
> > want it to be a /lot/ more popular. For once I won't even stake a 'not
> > an official company position' disclaimer on a statement :)
>
> Well, there's a reason why I'm going Debian. For time being.

HAHAHAHA. Debian? For stability? HAHAHAHA. I love the idea of Debian,
and was a Debian user for a long time, and hope some day I can use it
again. But if I use Debian, I have to choose between having a distro
that is usable every day and having a distro that has packages that were
released in this century. Or I can use Red Hat and have both. That
choice is very, very easy for me to make.

Luis