AOL in Negotiations to Acquire Red Hat

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
21 Jan 2002 11:11:29 -0500

    E> Um, what makes you think we would want Linux become more
    E> popular than it is today? Arguably, it is already becoming too
    E> popular for it's own good.

I know Linus and the kernel crew do not, and I expect a lot of the
current mainstream revel in the elitism of Linux.  My personal
opinion, and that of many others I know who are involved in adapting
Linux (notice I said "adapting") for use in the developing nations,
accessibility or for the unwashed masses believe that true
decentralized community-participation open source is a better
computing model, period.  If this is true (and maybe it's not), then
our two best options for the OS are (currently) OS/X and Linux, of
which the former is still a little stuck in the old "you are the
consumer, we are the gods" marketing model.

What happens on Groundhog Day?   http://www.teledyn.com/fun/GroundhogDay
"There are many things which do not concern the process" --- Joan of Arc