Speaking of the 51st state...

Luis Villa louie@ximian.com
20 Jan 2002 18:37:04 -0500

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 18:27, Bill Humphries wrote:
> On Sunday, January 20, 2002, at 02:28 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
>
> >> Well that explains everything-- too many squirrel brains in
> >> the south.
> >>
> >> Bill
> >
> > leaves opening for:
> >
> > "... and not enough brains in the North."
>
> Has anyone written an alternate history novel where someone goes back in
> time and gives Lincoln (or Ghu forbid, the CSA) the Bomb?

In 'The Guns of the South' South African apartheidists travel back in
time to give Lee AK-47s. It's not the bomb, but in the context of the
Civil War, it is close. As far as writing goes... the premise is
interesting, but I found the end, even by althistory's standards,
implausible.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for good alternate history? I
love a good alternate history, but they're so hard to find...

Luis