Hey kiddies

Monty Solomon monty@roscom.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:06:14 -0500

>Firewire is the fastest you can get on a laptop currently, 40-50MB/sec. (400Mbit).  Although you can use it between computers I believe, that's not normal.

FYI, one can use FireWire target disk mode to connect two
Macintosh computers. Here is an excerpt from

  Macintosh: How to Use FireWire Target Disk Mode

FireWire target disk mode allows a Macintosh computer with a FireWire
port (the target computer) to be used as an external hard disk
connected to another computer (the host). Once a target computer is
started up as a FireWire hard disk and is available to the host
computer, you can copy files to or from that volume.