Porn Actors Needed

Mike Masnick mike@techdirt.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:43:25 -0800

At 04:27 PM 1/19/02 -0500, Jay Thomas wrote:
>Jeff Bone wrote:
>>
>> Recognizing that there's really no point in ever asking anyone any
>> question of fact now that Google exists, but nonetheless:  anybody have
>> any idea how 9 minutes was arrived at as the universal snooze interval?
>>

>YOU get *9*? My bizarre alarm only give me 7. I wake up at 7 a.m, 7:07.
>7:14. Damned frustrating. I always wondered why it wasnt 10 or 15 -- in
>high school it was always "Ten more minutes, mom!"

Yeah, I think the standard is 9.  Every alarm clock I've ever had has been
9.  However, my roommate in college had an amazing alarm clock that was 5,
10, 15 or 20 depending on how many times you pressed the snooze button.  I
always thought that was a brilliant idea.  But, of course, this was the
same roommate who would sleep through that alarm for hours (not an
exaggeration) and the alarm would just keep beeping.  It's a good thing we
gave him the bedroom on the other side of the house.

 -Mike