Technical help needed: IIS Guru?

Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:06:36 -0500

As a favor for a friend (and against my better judgement), I'm setting
up a Win2K Server with IIS.  I installed SP2, configured a virtual web
site with the single fixed IP address of the server, and have the server
behind a firewall.  It's really on a private net at the moment.

When I try to start the web services ('net start w3svc' among other
methods), I get:

A system error has occurred.

System error 127 has occurred.

The specified procedure could not be found.

Nothing in the event log except event ID 7023 from Service Control
Manager saying: The specified procedure could not be found..

Any suggestions?

I've googled all I can stand with no hits.

I may have missed an IIS setup step, so feel free to be pedantic on this
issue.

Thanks
sdw