MIME-RPC (was Re: REST)

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@shop.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 06:20:34 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Ok.  So, if I want to send a message to an HTTP
server and have it call back my HTTP server later,
how do I specify that?

If I want to send an integer, a real, and a
picture, how do I do that?

MIME-RPC is all about just reusing the web
whenever possible.  All it is really doing is
formalizing the existing communications between
browsers and web servers into a protocol.

If REST is just the "web itself", it is saying
nothing.  If Paul et al. are trying to formalize
existing behavior, I agree in spirit and think
MIME-RPC finishes the job.

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-787-1914 voice                    1-603-288-1280 fax