Speaking of the 51st state...

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:59:01 +0000

Owen Byrne <owen@permafrost.net>
>Wondering if I'll get a chance to vote Bush out in 2004 (or frankly, if
>anyone will).

I've heard that Newfies get a bit odd after winter
sets in. But don't worry: the US has held presidential
elections every four years since ratification, in
wars, depressions, scandals, and crises. Of course,
you won't get to vote against Bush, unless (a) Canada
decides to join the union, or (b) Bush runs for
Canadian office. I find (a) the much more promising
prospect, since I've always enjoyed Canada. I suspect,
though, that most of your fellow citizens are too
stubborn to want this, so I more anticipate Castro's
death and Cuba becoming the 51st state. (OK, so down
here in Texas we get a bit weird in the spring time.)