Software the way of the textile industry?

Jim Whitehead ejw@cse.ucsc.edu
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:23:54 -0800

The potential for this phenomena has existed for years. I debated this issue
in the context of coding shifting to India, in 1992. It was an old topic
even then.

No, the more interesting question is, given the seeming economic incentive
to out-source to cheaper programming sources, why has this not happened yet
in a significant way?

- Jim