Enron Endrun (was RE: Vast Leftist Conspiracy (was something else))

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:45:02 EST

In a message dated Tue, 15 Jan 2002  4:21:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, "John Hall" <johnhall@evergo.net> writes:

> The purpose, obviously, was to show just how ridiculous things would have to
> get before a WhiteWater comparison was apt.  Since there have been no
> reported suicides in the White House Counsel office in this Administration,
> I'd have thought that it was obvious this was a satire not a factual report.

Oh.  There needs to be a suicide.  I would have thought it was obvious that when someone says "This will be his Waterloo" that he doesn't have to be Napolean to experience it.

So, when "talking heads" say "This could be Bush's Whitewater" they'd better explain that they mean it in the broad, money-scandal-that-haunts-a-president-throughout-his-term way so the literals get it.

Geege