Enron Endrun (was RE: Vast Leftist Conspiracy (was something else))

John Hall johnhall@evergo.net
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:17:56 -0800

Well, yes, it was an op-ed.  Some talking heads have (before the first
findings have been revealed) predicted this would be 'worse than
WhiteWater'.  So the WSJ (which beat the WhiteWater drum heavily) applied
the facts of WhiteWater to the current situation and created a scenario
which would read 'just like WhiteWater'.

The purpose, obviously, was to show just how ridiculous things would have to
get before a WhiteWater comparison was apt.  Since there have been no
reported suicides in the White House Counsel office in this Administration,
I'd have thought that it was obvious this was a satire not a factual report.

Now we have people complaining that that there is an appearance of an
attempt to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Besides, I thought evil Enron was making a fortune by inflating electric
prices in California ...

Apparently not enough to keep them from going bankrupt, though.

From: fork-admin@xent.com [mailto:fork-admin@xent.com]On Behalf Of
Grlygrl201@aol.com

In a message dated Tue, 15 Jan 2002  1:40:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, "John
Hall" <johnhall@evergo.net> writes:

> This was from www.opinionjournal.com, and appeared in the wall street
> journal

 . . as op ed, not news, for those of you who can still distinguish between
the two.

Hall
> Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 10:09 PM
> To: FoRK
> Subject: RE: Vast Leftist Conspiracy (was something else)
>
> Another Whitewater? Yippee!!
> What the Enron mess would look like if it really were a political scandal.

Wow - before the first findings are revealed, an analysis.  How prescient
and predictable, all at the same time.

How 'bout we all just shut up and WAIT for this story to unfold.  I have a
feeling it's going to be a doozy.

Having a feeling,
Geege