$ for searching

rudy rouhana webtagz@yahoo.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:03:09 -0800 (PST)

--- carey <carey@tstonramp.com> wrote:
> Might care to read the /. article a few days back
>
> They're no longer offering free searches because they've succumbed to the
> gubbies -- the CIA in specifics.
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/11/1320233&mode=nested
>
> you have much more to worry about than 25 piddly pages.  Just the FYI.

Worry about what?  Please.  They succumbed to wanting to make some $.  In-Q-Tel
provides investment in exchange for a technology license.  Therefore, In-Q-Tel
has no influence over the company from an equity or director level perspective.
 That's how it was set up with Safeweb, and I believe with their other
investments as well.

http://fugu.safeweb.com/sjws/company/investors.html

Ever try to browse the web anonymously these days?  It's a pain in the ass to
find a proxy, and half the pages down't load or work properly, etc.  So, if
Safeweb decides to relaunch their service and charge for it (since ads don't
and won't cover the bandwidth and server costs), are y'all going to get up in
arms trying to find a way to prevent them from anonymizing viewers of your
page?

-r