Terrorism

Marty Halvorson martyh@nmcourts.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:53:00 -0700

At 15:39 10-01-02, Owen Byrne wrote:
>In his mind they are puppet governments set up by the United States. Saudi
>Arabia,
>Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Egypt are all US colonies, so that an attack on them would
>  cause little harm to the faraway rulers in Washington.

Then Bin Laden has no knowledge of history in his native part of the
world.  Jordan and Egypt came into being because of British acts.  Iran
came into being through a revolution against the U.S. supported
Shah.  IIRC, Saudi Arabia was a kingdom prior to any international activity
on the part of the U.S. in the middle east (with the possible exception of
the Shores of Tripoli).  I don't actually know how Saddam came into power,
but he is definitely not a friend of the U.S.

Peace,

Marty Halvorson
New Mexico Supreme Court
Administrative Office of the Courts