SAT I/II as a predictor of academic success

Rasheed Baqai rasheed@usa.net
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:17:00 -0800 (PST)

This isn't true.  Practically all major universities require SAT I or
ACT (some don't accept ACT for whatever reason).

If the issue wasn't so clouded by the possible loss of huge revenue to
ETS/College Board over the drop in people taking the SAT I, then there
probably wouldn't be this debate.  The people from ETS that argue the
importance of the exam only do so because of the dollars.  It's sad.

I expect the UC system's decision to drop the SAT I would have a
'competitive' effect on other good schools to also drop the test (which
means even more loss of revenue for ETS).

Rasheed.