SAT I/II as a predictor of academic success

Chuck Murcko chuck@topsail.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 05:42:41 -0500

Isn't SAT I still considered to be the equivalent of a practice run on
the standardized tests? U of CA is unique in requiring applicants to
provide SAT I scores.

It would be interesting to see this analysis compared with one of 1970
data to see if the changes to the test over the years have made SAT II a
better predictive tool. There's been a lot of hoopla generated about the
"dumbing down" of the SATs over the years.

A 1970 score of 1100 is roughly (by percentile ranking) equivalent to
1325 in 2000.

Chuck