Flood O bits.

ThosStew@aol.com ThosStew@aol.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:38:06 EST

In a message dated 1/10/02 7:41:26 PM, beberg@mithral.com writes:

<< Oy, what a busy news day on the newswire, Agentina (still) in a death
spiral, Israel, India, and China all in a mess.... and of course...

they're rioting in Africa

they're starving in Spain

plus ca change, plus it gets, slowly and with bumps backward, better.

having been through a number of these (the 1970s ennui as vietnam fucked the
economy and we left Bretton woods, various recessions accurately or in-
associated with Reagan and Bush, watching Perot/Peronism, &c &c, I'm (to my
surprise) with Bone here: guys, don't confuse a downturn with a structural
fault in capitalism.

Tom