Terrorism

Owen Byrne owen@permafrost.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:19:31 -0400

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 03:32:27PM -0800, Paul Prescod wrote:
> Owen Byrne wrote:

> > And Gerry Adams would argue that they only targetted civilians after non-violent
> > protest and attacking the British army failed.
>
> Fine, so he went from being a revolutionary to being a terrorist.
> Terrorists are not inherently better or worse than revolutionaries. They
> just use a different technique. Revolutionaries overthrow the
> government. Terrorists "send a message."

The British army fired into crowds of innocent bystanders. They put people in prison
for life that they knew were innocent. They gave free rein (in the early days) to
UDF targetting of Catholic women and children.

I don't really see how a violent reaction to that (after all other actions were exhausted).
is terrorism. Hell, it was self-defense.

Owen