kodak / wireless

Rob Shavell rshavell@mobiusvc.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:39:27 -0800

Curtis,

i liked your take on wireless protocol wars.  my curiosity is specifically
around the relation of protocols, 'proprietary networks' and carrier
politics as multimedia messaging uptake grows and where the balance of power
will be as people start to realize that being able to wirelessly capture and
send pictures will be a fundamental step in communications capability - not
as much as the mobile phone itself but better than email or *ANY* other
phone + x convergence design.

pictures:

-sell more handsets (w/more cameras, chips, batteries)
-increases network usage
-sells more storage (in network and in handsets)

is it just the duo of hardware manu's and carriers that benefit from this
though?  why / why not?