Terrorism

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@shop.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:27:37 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

The freedom fighter acts to gain the support of
the people (deligitimate the regime).  The
terrorists acts to make the people fear future
actions and cause their government to do things
that appease the terrorists (prevent future
terrorism).

As I said before, terrorism only makes sense
against democracies.

Marty's point about foreign soil is that
terrorists view the people they bomb as not "their
people."  Notably, the IRA bombs in London.  The
American Revolutionaries didn't.

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-787-1914 voice                    1-603-288-1280 fax