Terrorism Re: Corporate transparency

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:05:48 -0600

"S. Alexander Jacobson" wrote:

> Re cowardice, Bill Maher chose to oppose Bush's
> spin campaign.  He may have done it out of
> anti-Bush or anti-US sentiment, rather than
> pro-terrorist sentiment, but either of those
> justifies anger.

Anti-Bush sentiment justifies anger?  Perhaps --- among brainless pro-Bush clones
who mindlessly accept all things Bush (or any other president, in time of crisis)
does / says.  There are still some (though apparently dwindling!) number among us
who can both grant kudos *and* call bullshit on the same person, each in its
appropriate time.

> If he were scoring some
> anti-Bush points that was not the time to do so,

Oh, well, apparently Bill (and I, and countless others) either (a) missed that
"appropriate time for criticism" clause in the textbook on political commentary or
(b) don't have a direct hotline to God's Own Appropriateness Hotline.

> The notion that he just prefers "to live in the
> real world, rather than in the world of spin" is
> just laughable given that title and content of his
> show.

Methinks you need to have your sense of irony in for maintenance.

jb