Corporate transparency

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@shop.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:04:15 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

I think I missed the transition to terrorism but,
in any case, the difference between violence and
terrorism, is, well, the use of terror.

Terrorists terrorize civilians in order to get
them to change their government's policy.
Terrorism is not a viable strategy against a
dictatorship.  Terrorism involves violence
or threats of violence against innocent civilians
and is evil.

In contrast violence against an oppressor/attacker
may be ok, because it falls into the category of
self-defense.

Regarding cowardice, why is it important to you to
correct the usage in their case.  Obviously
cowardice is a non-provable condition.  Bush's
usage is purely spin to support the campaign
against them.  The reason why people got upset at
Bill Maher is that either he did not understand
that or he was against the campaign against
the 9/11 terrorists.  After all, if it was only a
matter of semantic correctness, there are many
things to talk about that are less helpful to OBL.

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-787-1914 voice                    1-603-288-1280 fax