Kodak and wireless

Bill Kearney wkearney99@hotmail.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:01:59 -0500

http://eetimes.com/story/OEG20020109S0055

Article snippet:

Photo giant Eastman Kodak Co. on Wednesday (Jan. 9) said it would form a new
company to develop products based on its research into more efficient
wireless transmission of high-quality video, photographs and data.

The spin-off, Appairent Technologies Inc., will use patented wireless
technologies from Kodak's research and development labs, and is part of the
company's goal of commercializing its technologies to expand the
info-imaging category - a $225 billion industry based on the convergence of
images and information technology.
<<

Ok, so that's interesting.  Here we are talking about convergence in
devices.  Of course, we also get PR blurbs spouting patent foolishness
again.