Corporate transparency

John Evdemon jevdemon@vitria.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:37:44 -0800

On Wednesday, January 09, 2002 12:16 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:
>=20
> That's funny. It seems to me mainstream American media
> still gives Christianity preferential treatment vis-a-vis
> other religions.=20

Sorry, I can't agree with you on that one.  That statement may
have been true 10 or so years ago, but its not true anymore.=20
It appears to be safe (trendy?) to bash Christianity these days.

> Here is an example. Even before 9/11,
> the press would label Muslims who committed acts of
> violence for their cause as "Islamic terrorists."=20

That's because they are terrorists. Committing
violence against innocent people in the name of Islam is an
act of cowardice and terrorism.  No "cause" justifies this
type of action.

> In contrast, I have never seen the mainstream media label
> abortion clinic bombers as "Christian terrorists."

Thats too bad, because in my opinion they are terrorists -
albeit on a much smaller, less frequent scale.  Again,
commiting violence against innocents in the name of a religion
(Christianity or Islam) is an act of terrorism (regardless of
the number of victims involved).

Not all Muslims are terrorists.  Not all Christians are
terrorists.  There are bad people everywhere, regardless of
their religion.  Religion is a poor excuse that the cowards
use to commit acts of terrorism.

> I think it is this change, towards treating Christianity
> more in the way they treat other religions, that really
> causes Christians to think the media bashes them.=20

Sorry, but I can't agree with that statement. I am a Christian
and do not go out of my way to mistreat other religions -
regardless of the beliefs of people who bash my religion.

As was stated earlier on this list, the majority of Christians=20
do not want to blow up abortion clinics (just as the majority=20
of Muslims do not want to crash passenger jets into U.S.=20
skyscrapers).