[Fwd: Important News from OmniSky]

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 07:24:30 -0800

The important news is that they are bankrupt.

Greg

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Important News from OmniSky
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 16:22:13 -0800
From: "OmniSky" <customermarketing@omnisky.com>

Dear Valued OmniSky Customer,

This is a reminder that OmniSky has agreed to sell its subscriber base and key technology assets in a process
overseen by the bankruptcy court.

To ensure the most seamless transition for our customers, OmniSky plans to assign its subscriber agreements to
Atlanta-based EarthLink or another successful bidder for OmniSky's assets. A hearing will be conducted in the
Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco Division, on January 16 to approve,
among other things, the assignment to EarthLink or another successful bidder of subscriber agreements. We hope
to be able to transition services by the close of January 2002.

We expect to continue to provide you with uninterrupted, high quality service and support. We anticipate that
our day-to-day business will, in the short term, continue as usual.

We do not expect:
  -  Your service to be interrupted
  -  Your email address to change
  -  Your pricing to change; or
  -  Our customer support to change

If you wish to receive more information on the transition and associated customer benefits, including copies
of the papers filed with the bankruptcy court to assume and assign your subscriber agreement to the successful
bidder for OmniSky's assets, please visit OmniSky's website at:  http://www.omnisky.com/earthlink

Sincerely,

Pat McVeigh
Chairman and CEO