Thoughts about iWalk

Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:03:55 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, JTS - MCDLXXXVI wrote:

> Until we get better at producing robust miniaturized macromechanical
> structures, that's the best I can come up with.

I want my arms free. This implies a hud, and a belt-worn unit. If it's at
the belt, and thus near at the center of your mass it can be relatively
heavy. Machine vision upon video from the hud-mounted stereo allows you to
use your hand for pointing, and use optical field flow for reality
overlay. Add real speech recognition, and you've got a nonintrusive,
essentially invisible yet extremely powerful device.