MIME-RPC

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@shop.com
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:35:19 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Mark Baker said:
> Yup.  SOAP 1.2 is XML Infoset based, so could be
> serialized into any format (though those that
> distinguish between meat/meta are best); for
> example MIME, text/directory, ..

But, if you are using SOAP with attachments, is
the type of the attachment defined by the
XML-Schema or by the attachment's MIME
content-type?  I think the SOAP specification is
ambiguous.

> MIME-RPC assumes RPC, and we all know where
> that's going.

MIME-RPC assumes messaging.  I updated the site to
clarify this.  MIME-RPC supports both synchronous
and asynchronous messaging.  See my announcement: