mod_dav help! six pack of Shiner Bock or bottle of wine via fedex

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 17:19:42 -0600

Having a difficult problem with mod_dav config thisafternoon, most of
the usual fixes (i.e., load/add order, etc.) aren't helping.  First
person that can help me out gets a six pack of Shiner or a bottle of
Texas Merlot via fedex.  :-)  (Please mail directly rather than
clogging the list.)  Installing / configuring mod_dav on a fairly
creaky Apache box.  Here are the particulars:

Red Hat/Linux 6.1
Apache/1.3.12
PHP/4.0.0 DAV/1.0.3
Apache running as "nobody"

Here are the relevant parts of the config:

LoadModule dav_module modules/libdav.so  --- yes, this is *before*
the php4_module, and after mime_module.

AddModule mod_dav.c --- again, before php4, after mime.  Yes, I'm
doing ClearModuleList at the top of the AddModule list.

DAVLockDB /var/lock/mod_dav/DAVLock --- at the top of level of the
file.

<VirtualHost stuff.foo.com>
   DocumentRoot /web/stuff/htdocs
   <Directory /web/stuff/htdocs/FOO>
      DAV On
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The directory /web/stuff/htdocs/FOO/ is drwsrwsrwx nobody.nobody, and
contains one file foo.txt that is -rw-rw-rw- nobody.nobody.  The
server runs as nobody.

When connecting via either Web Folders or DAV Explorer 0.81, the
OPTIONS method returns as expected (indicates DAV available on the
resource) but the subsequent PROPFIND on /FOO/ returns a 404.  Any
thoughts?

jb