[USA Today] Tablet PCs, by Kevin Maney

Gordon Mohr gojomo@usa.net
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 03:51:32 -0800

> >  But the existence of such behavior drives technologists nuts.
> >"There's no room in the technologist's mind for information floating
> >in between the nooks and crannies of daily life," says Rohit Khare,
> >founder of networking company KnowNow. "We hate Post-it Notes, candy
> >wrappers and the backs of receipts."

You've never seen my desk.

Also: 3x5 notecards, backs of business cards, junk mail envelopes (open
or not).

I really wish I could find XP drivers for my Visioneer PaperPort MX.
But still, it's not so good for little scraps.

I don't want a tablet PC so much as a voracious scanner that can suck
in whatever odd-sized, torn or crinkled, thick or thin paper I throw
at it, capture both sides reliably in high-resolution color, then drop
the original in a dustbin.

The scans would be OCRed and cross-referenced by date, size, color,
and full-text.

- Gordon