PayPal, credit cards and mileage plans

rudy rouhana webtagz@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:02:45 -0800 (PST)

--- "Joseph S. Barrera III" <joe@barrera.org> wrote:
> But they're great if you pay them off every month.
> So they're a bit like alcohol. Potentially, frequently,
> but not necessarily addictive and damaging.
>
> - Joe

Exactly, I get 2% back every year and never have to buy an extended warranty.
If a merchant screws with me, I just deny payment.  When I'm in a foreign
country, I can get as low as 1% surcharge on the exchange conversion.  All this
with no annual fee.  If I give in and get the "real" platinum card the benefits
more than pay for themselves if I continue to travel with any frequency.  There
is no reason NOT to pay with credit card if you pay it off every month.
Unless, of course, you don't think you have any fiscal self control.

-R