Little, Big [ RE: How Moore's law stabbed us in the back ]

Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:34:28 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:

> More so if the secondary storage (disk) were also so distributed.

Assuming, the memory was nonvolatile? One could imagine multilayer
molecular memory living on top of CPU, deposited from soltuion.

> I spend so much time waiting for data to flow to and from the
> single disk on my machine. But then of course you need a massive
> switch so everything can flow to where it needs to be. It will

you'd need a geodetic on-wafer routing. Putting a little switch into every
die. I can drive you a simple algorithms which can deal with defect dies.

> come, it has to, but it's going to take quite a number of years
> before I can carry it around in my laptop.

I'm worried about the juice issue. Even in desktops, not to mention
luggables.

ICBMTO: N48 04'14.8'' E11 36'41.2'' http://www.leitl.org