Missing posters (was RE: How Moore's law stabbed us in the back)

Tom tomwhore@inetarena.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:07:47 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
--]Paul Prescod wrote:
--]> ThosStew@aol.com wrote:
--]> > My first computer cost about $4000 and had all of 4, or was
--]> > it 8, megs of RAM.
--]> 4 megs? I would have killed for 4 megs of RAM!
--]Heh.  *My* first one (all right, it was the school's) was
--]a Wang 2200A with a whopping 4K.
--]--

I guese you could say my first was a ti57 with 50 steps and/or 20
varilables (give or take) that could be repartioned, so thats maybe ,
maybe, a few hundreds bytes.

The Synclair zx81 came with a full whole 1 k. took me a while to fill that
then I got the 16k expansion pack that wobbled off from time to time. 16 k
was like the roomiest a the time.

Now I get twitchy if I have to use a machine with less than a half gig of
ram:)-

Moores law....more like Voidmasters Law.

-tom

      \ /
       X   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \   Against HTML Mail