Thoughts about iWalk [ instant on ]

Joseph S. Barrera III joe@barrera.org
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:03:23 -0800

> jb
>
> PS - another way to get the desired behavior is just better
> battery life and
> instant-on for laptops.  My next one's going to push the
> limits on minimal size,
> etc. --- I'm thinking the new Sharp sub.  (Anybody have one?
> Comments?)

I don't care too much about size since I usally
carry a bag with me with books and notepads and
digital cameras and batteries and whatnot.

Nonetheless I am downsizing from my huge Inspiron 7500
to a somewhat less huge Inspiron 4100.

With two batteries (in either the 7500 or 4100), I get
6 hours battery life. So instant-on isn't an issue --
I just never turn my laptop off. I don't even put it
in Standby. For long road trips, I have a power cable
in my car, but usually (for commuting into work) I
don't bother.

Joseph S. Barrera III
Software Architect, Kana Inc.
1.650.219-4557 (cell) / 1.650.588-4801 (home)
joe@barrera.org / napier@waste.org / joebar@kana.com
www.barrera.org / www.waste.org / www.kana.com

"Seems like another day I could fly
 Into the Eye of God on high"