Thoughts about iWalk

Meltsner, Kenneth Kenneth.Meltsner@ca.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:15:31 -0500

Seiko has a CrossPad-like device that requires a Palm.  Still not as nice as the (unwieldy but cool) prototype at MIT a few years ago:  voice recording + note taking, with the notes used to index the audio track.

There was also a cool WinCE handheld with a three-way folding screen that I can't recall the name of.  You could use it in pad mode, laptop mode, or presentation easel mode.  I'm assuming that [starts with a V?] was stranded by the general non-sales of Handheld WinCE, and the subsequent Pilotization of that product family.

Ken